Senior Business Development Manager
The Senior Business Development Manager is a member of the Business Development and Marketing Department and responsible for identifying new business opportunities, identifying strategic business partnerships, and prioritizing workload to ensure maximum probability of a win. The Senior Business Development manager ensures the pipeline has sufficient opportunities to achieve the new business growth goals and supports overall new business acquisition from pre-proposal to proposal submission, acquisition of business intelligence, and coordination of partner inputs necessary to ensure a successful bid season.
- Identify bid and proposal opportunities
- Perform analysis of RFP requirements and support proactive proposal activities
- Identify and foster potential new agencies, prime contractor, and subcontractor relationships
- Develop a robust five-year pipeline
- Leveraging BD network to obtain business intelligence
- Identify decision makers within the target agencies
- Research and nurture BD relationships
- Set up meetings between agency decision makers and company’s practice leadership
- Coordinate with Capture Manger and operations to develop proposals that meet the needs, concerns, and objectives necessary to win
- Participate in proposal activities in order to manage prim or subcontractor relationships
- Participate in Prime and Subcontractor negotiations in order to ensure the best advantage for Strategic
- Identify and recommend appropriate business initiatives, partnerships and opportunities that will contribute to significant growth
- Support the development and implementation of the Marketing Plan
- Participate in and contribute to the Quality Management System
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in Business / Marketing or related field. MBA a plus
- 10 years of managing and overseeing business development functions
- 15 years’ experience with government agency business development experience, particularly with CMS, DHA, CDC, and other government agencies
- Knowledge and experience in federal procurement and contracting rules including the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to comprehend healthcare policy, regulations, and criteria, and to clearly articulate the scope and type of work performed by Strategic
- Strong relationship and networking skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and experience preparing written documents and reports for a variety of audiences
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines, with multiple/simultaneous bid efforts, and across time-zone challenges
- Typical office setting
- Ability to talk, express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others
- Ability to sit and work at a computer for an extended period using repetitive motion
- Ability to have close visual acuity to prepare complex data and figures, view a computer screen, or complete extensive reading and research
- Ability to occasionally travel
- Ability to work extended hours as needed to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work regular hours with predictable attendance on the job
- An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability, Employer
- This job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of the position. As the nature of the business demands change, so too may the job duties and responsibilities.
To build a diverse workforce, StrategicHealthSolutions, LLC encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities and veterans.
In compliance with the American Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Strategic, please call 402.452.3333 Ext. 246. No other inquiries will be acknowledged.
StrategicHealthSolutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.