Cloud System Architect
The Cloud System Architect (CSA) ensures the compliance, reliability and performance of the StrategicHealthSolutions, LLC (Strategic) IT resources including its internal network infrastructure, endpoints, and peripherals, and helps to design and implement a new cloud infrastructure. The CSA is responsibilities for executing and maintaining the infrastructure and hardware design and management, design and operation of cloud and network-related technologies, managing vendor performance and providing innovative ideas and guidance.
The Cloud System Architect researches, recommends, implements, maintains, and operates networks (cloud and traditional terrestrial) and partners with the Security group to ensure a secure and compliant infrastructure.
The Cloud System Architect will focus on designing and developing automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes. Successful candidates will have an obsessive focus on automation and building repeatable solutions. They will have worked with Microsoft Azure or AWS environments leveraging services beyond basic IaaS provisioning. They will have at least basic familiarity with FISMA, the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF), and FEDRAMP/GovCloud standards and policies.
- Oversees and directs Strategic’s Information Technology (IT) network support activities including setting, monitoring, and exceeding applicable service, performance, and capacity measurements
- Manages the Partners/Vendors that provide components of Strategic’s networking and service, participates in related contract negotiations, performance monitoring and compliance
- Defines, architects, and supervises the operational effectiveness, security, and strategy of the Strategic internal, external, and cloud based networks
- Under the Security team’s direction, conducts internal vulnerability scanning, remediation, and mitigation actions
- Provides direction, management, and oversight of vendors sustaining Strategic’s system protocols, configurations, and backups, including installation and maintenance of all network and cloud based equipment and software
- Provides recommendations to meet changing and future business requirements from Strategic and/or the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Assists IT staff and other Strategic employees in diagnosing and resolving complex IT issues
- Maintains and manages Strategic’s SAN infrastructure
- Maintains partnerships and vendor relations to leverage new technologies associated with SAN vendors, product enhancements and product roadmaps
- Develops, implements and oversees policies and procedures to ensure consistent storage provisioning, uptime, regulatory compliance and data protection
- Provides level 2/3 support for complex incidents identified with the systems and network backing up the level 1 and level 2 support technicians
- Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network problems including network connectivity, traffic utilization, etc. using available network tools in a timely fashion
- Interfaces with third party vendors as liaison between client and vendor
- Utilizes superior customer service skills
- Stays current with system information, changes, and updates
- Participates in and contributes to the quality management system
- Partners with Security to ensure compliance with CMS requirements and provides cost-effective solutions to continually meet or exceed Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800-53, and other associated requirements.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field; required
- Minimum five years of experience in design or architecture of network systems and cloud technology required
- Security+ Certification required
- Experience with SANS Storage, Network Troubleshooting and Cloud Services (AWS) required
- Experience with server virtualization
- Deep understanding of system development in cloud environments, including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Windows 2008, 2012 and 2016 Server, Windows 10 workstations, and networking experience in a complex, multi-vendor network environments
- Experience with VMware in a Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 environments
- Understanding LAN, WAN, WLAN and WWAN configuration management and administration
- Proven background of providing great customer service
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team on multiple projects while meeting deadline demands in a fast-paced environment
- Skills in analyzing complex problems, troubleshooting and resolving them and ability to create and consistently maintain, reliable systems documentation.
- Experience with phone systems such as VOIP and PBX preferred
- Strong leadership skills and ability to provide productive oversight of vendors and partners
- Experience in automation of code deployment across multiple cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare and OpenStack
- Experience with Windows systems in public clouds such as Azure and AWS
- Ability to articulate complex architectures to non-technical audiences
- Basic familiarity with FISMA, the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF), and FEDRAMP/GovCloud standards and policies; required
- Typical office setting
- Ability to express or exchange ideas to convey detailed or important instructions to others
- Ability to sit and work at a computer for an extended period using repetitive motion
- Ability to prepare complex data and figures and/or complete extensive reading and research
- Ability to occasionally travel
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
- Ability to work regular hours with predictable attendance on the job
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability, Employer
To build a diverse workforce, StrategicHealthSolutions, LLC encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities and veterans.
In compliance with the American Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Strategic, please call 402.452.3333 Ext. 246. No other inquiries will be acknowledged.
StrategicHealthSolutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.