Contract Name: Chief Information Officer — Solutions & Partners 3 (CIO-SP3)
Contract Number: # HHSN316201200046W
Sponsor: National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Contract Expiration Date: May 31, 2022
Program Ceiling: $20 billion
Type of Task Orders: T&M, FFP, CPAF, CPFF, and CPIF
SGT Points of Contact
Deputy Program Manager and SGT-CTA Business Development Lead
Chief Marketing Officer – StrategicHealthSolutions
CIO-SP3 provides a highly flexible contracting option for obtaining the full-range Information Technology (IT) services and solutions under the 10 task areas listed below:
- Task Area 1: IT Services for Biomedical Research, Health Sciences, and Healthcare
- Task Area 2: Chief Information Officer (CIO) Support
- Task Area 3: Imaging
- Task Area 4: Outsourcing
- Task Area 5: IT Operations and Maintenance
- Task Area 6: Integration Services
- Task Area 7: Critical Infrastructure Protection and Information Assurance
- Task Area 8: Digital Government
- Task Area 9: Enterprise Resource Planning
- Task Area 10: Software Development
Examples of the variety of work supported under these task areas can be found in Article C.2 in the copy of our attached contract.
- Fast streamlined ordering process – work can begin in as little as 30 days
- Agency submits Request for Proposal (RFP) to NIH for free 24-hour assessment
- If in scope, NIH distributes RFP to CIO-SP3 contractors
- Contractors respond with proposals
- Agency selects awardee and issues a task order and related documents
- Open to all Federal agencies with agency-level control (no delegation of authority required)
- Flexible pricing options, including Time & Materials (T&M), Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), and Cost Plus Incentive Fee (CPIF), as well as “hybrid” pricing that may include two or more of these pricing options
- Worldwide performance area
- Low 1 percent access fee
- Secure, easy-to-use electronic-Government Order System (e-GOS)
- Free training on Government-Wide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 16, and NITAAC contracts and order system training; certification awarded for two continuous learning points
- Limited-protest ability on orders under $10 million
- Wide range of labor categories to fulfill requirements
- Competition-based pricing
- Flexibility to add additional subcontractors or labor categories, as required, to meet evolving or specialized requirements
The SGT-CTA Team
SGT has successfully supported a broad range of civilian and defense clients with its leadership in program management, IT, engineering, and science expertise. Clients include National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), Department of Transportation (DOT), National Security Agency (NSA), United States Air Force (USAF), and National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) as well as many other Federal customers. Its average of more than 94 percent award fees offer testimony of its ability to provide exceptional service. It holds the following certifications: ISO 9001:2008, AS9100C, ISO20000, and CMMI Level 3.
Palmetto GBA (Palmetto) has supported the Government Programs Division of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina (BCBS of SC) for more than 12 years. Palmetto is the largest and most diverse Medicare contractor in the United States. Thousands of healthcare providers and several million consumers across the country rely on Palmetto’s award-winning business model to meet the demands and stay ahead of an ever-changing healthcare market.
Primescape Solutions Inc. (Primescape) is a Small Disadvantaged Business 8(a) business that provides a full range of IT support and solutions for its clients. Primescape’s services include infrastructure management, applications delivery, business intelligence, and strategic business consulting. It also brings healthcare experience to the team via its support of the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) where it designed, developed, and maintained the system that supports the Section 340B discount drug program.
Southern Research Institute (SRI) brings to the team the unique ability to combine high-quality biomedical research with SGT’s IT expertise. The comprehensive nature of SRI’s life sciences program supports research in biochemistry, oncology, virology, bacteriology, toxicology, pharmacology, and immunology as well as organic, computational, and analytical chemistry. As a result of its long-term experience (more than 40 years) in life science research, SRI is recognized internationally for developing more than 20 cancer therapeutics and the evaluation of antiviral and antimicrobial drugs, biologicals, and vaccines as well as for the excellence of its infectious disease-related programs. Within its Engineering Division, which includes environmental and energy capabilities such as emissions control and waste-water treatment as well as materials science and mechanical engineering, SRI has been at the forefront of supporting the objectives of clients, such as the DoD, DOT, NASA, the Environmental Protection Agency, and other government and private-sector clients.
TestPros is a small business that provides Independent IT auditing, quality assurance (QA), independent verification and validation (IV&V), oversight, compliance, security assessment, software assurance, software development, Help Desk, and related services to government and commercial industry. In addition to its uniquely focused IV&V and other software assurance qualifications, TestPros was added to the team because of its significant experience in supporting various DoD medical information systems.
StrategicHealthSolutions, LLC (Strategic) is a Women-Owned Small Business that provides professional healthcare-related solutions and services for State and Federal government agencies, including 11 prime contracts with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Strategic provides subject matter expertise in the detection and prevention of fraud and abuse in the Medicare and Medicaid programs, including the Prescription Drug Benefit Program. Strategic also conducts medical review for Medicare appeals and supports benefit integrity work. Employing trainers and educators, medical reviewers, data analysts, and healthcare policy experts, Strategic develops targeted, insightful solutions for its clients.
Prompt payment terms: None offered
NIH NITAAC Contacts
For complete contract information, visit the NIH website at http://NITAAC.nih.gov and click “CIO-SP3.”
NIH CIO-SP3 Help Desk